Go-Hub … is a kit which can be purchased to motorize a tadpole trike. What is unique about it is that it offers “REVERSE”. That’s something we talk about, but this is the first I have actually heard of it. You can check it out in more detail HERE.
- Brushless Crystalyte motors are silent, powerful and more efficient; no brushes to replace and 750 peak (500 continuous) watts of power move you over virtually any terrain
- No external connectors to fail, all connections are internal
- Gearless motors have no gears to make noise or wear out
- Bicycle kit carries up to a 250# rider, Trike kit carries up to a 300# rider)
- Trike kit includes reverse
- Tool kit included
- Your choice of twist throttle (motorcycle style), or thumb throttle
- Throttle mounted power gauge tells you how much charge is left in the batteries
- Motor delivers power from a dead stop – other brands require you to pedal first
- Uses 3 (included) model BP1212 top quality B+B brand batteries for 12ah capacity at 36 volts (Sealed Lead Acid)
- Top quality Soneil brand 2-amp charger provides fast charges while protecting batteries for extended battery life
- Battery bags include key switch to prevent unauthorized use
- Choice of small or large battery bag. Large bag provides room to store the charger on-board
- Super durable double-wall alloy rim with stainless steel spokes, and “Slime” filled self-sealing tube ensures you’re never left stranded due to tire or wheel failures
- Optional safety brake levers automatically turn off motor when you hit the brakes
- Available in 24″ or 26″ configurations
- Requires 3.75″ width between front axle mounting holes, 3″ width between forks for motor to fit and .4″ (10mm) diameter axle mounting holes in the forks
Now that I am looking into this I just found another one which claims to offer reverse. HERE is a link to it.
And then I found … How to make a hub motor reverse.
So far what I am finding it all DIY approaches. So I am wondering … does anyone manufacture an e-trike with reverse? I will let you know if I find out anything. If you know anything about the matter please let me and others know by commenting or emailing me. Thanks.
KEEP ON TRIKIN’